[Dailydrool] HENRY

ypppmaureen at aol.com ypppmaureen at aol.com
Wed Mar 31 05:35:16 PDT 2010

My name is Henry and I am a Basset Hound. My birthday is on Nov. 22, 2009. I spent the beginning of my life at "We Love Pet's" Pet store. I got to meet lots of nice dogs and people. I knew that there was a special family that would see me and take me home with them to love me and to take care of me.

On Monday, March 8, 2010, a lady and a little girl came over to see me. I saw a look in the lady's eye's that sort of sparkled when she looked at me and the little girl's smile made me giggle. Later that same night, the lady and her older daughter came back to see me. They picked me up and began to play with me like so many others had in the past, but this time it felt different, there was a bond that was formed by our hearts, I felt it like electricity. Then the lady's husband and the little girl came in to see me. They all played with me in the puppy room. It felt soooo good! I knew in my heart that this would be my new family. I even asked God to let this be the family that would be mine forever.
There was a lot of talking back and forth with the men that worked there, then finally it happened, this family told me that they would come for me the next morning to take me home with them!
I was so excited that I could hardly sleep that whole night and it seemed to be eternal! Then I saw the lady and her older daughter come in. Well, my heart jumped around inside me so hard that it felt like it was going to pop out of me some how! They looked at me and ran over to me. I wagged and wagged my tail so hard that it hurt, but the good kind of hurt. The lady said, "Mommy's here!" and she was all lit up like the sun. Her daughter smiled so hard that it made me feel like I never felt before! I can't even explain it! They took me home. I mean "home!' My home! My family! There's nothing like being loved. All I know is to love but now I know how it really feels to BE loved and I love my new family and I know they love me!
I prayed and thanked God for hearing and answering my prayers that special day that I will never forget as long as I live!
That's my story and I hope that everybody, humans and dogs alike, get the chance to experience every day I wake up in my new home with my new family!

Happy Drooling!!!
Henry