[Dailydrool] Stuff, Waddle, Etc

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Mon Mar 1 03:46:38 PST 2010

As for basset howling.. I had two odd startles with my previous boy Doc (ATB
07.19.2004)

One sunday driving home from work, he tried to jump through the rear window
barking at some kid on the sidewalk as we drove past.. he'd never done that
before

and about 30 minutes later, still while driving home, the CD I was playing
got to the song Seamus, by Pink Floyd.. 1960's stuff not the 70's ~ 90's
stuff more people are familiar with.

Anyway ... "Seamus that's the dog, was outside" is the second line in the
first verse, and from it onward, Doc was looking left, right, forward,
backward, and everywhere in-between for this "dog" that he heard howling and
barking in the song! the startle this time was to announce that he was
looking for this other dog in my speakers with a very loud bark followed
with a growl bark and then howl ... and inside a 4 door sedan ... dog
barking and howling can be very distracting.. :)

-Robert