[Dailydrool] cushings treatment

Ffrogger at aol.com Ffrogger at aol.com
Mon Mar 1 05:01:37 PST 2010

If the diagnosis does turn out to  be Cushings, make sure you look  into
Trilostane for treatment. When Rosie was first diagnosed she was put on
Lysodren. That is the drug they also use in humans who have inoperable adrenal
cancer. It has a lot of side effects and is a lot more  toxic. We almost lost
Rosie due to the side effects and it didn't  really control the Cushings.
Trilostane works in a different way, it  sort of just blocks how the
steroids are processed by the body. It is much less  toxic with fewer side effects.
And...best of all it also worked much better for  Rosie. It controlled her
symptoms, she was much more active and was better than  she had been in
years. Obviously discuss it with your vet but we just wish we  had known about
Trilostane sooner.
Diane, mom to Dylan and Harry the cat