[Dailydrool] Update on Molly

Laura Ripley bicoastalbassetmom at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 18:22:22 PST 2010

It has now been 1 week to the day that Molly went to the Vet and hat the Shot for her back.
I really didn't think she would get back the use of her back legs, and was thinking cart all day. However, today you wouldn't know she was dragging her hind quarters a week ago.  She limps slightly.  But I have begun to let her out in the yard under her own steam, but I don't let her use the doggy door.  I have capped it off and open the door for her as that way she doesn't have to do the hop thing getting thru it.

However with all the snow we got on Thursday and Friday, Sat and Sunday, I had to go out and dig the dog yard out.  HAHAHA.  I opened the door for her Saturday Morning and the wind had blown the snow clear up over the top of the doggy door.  It was almost to my hip and I am only 5'3".  so I got the snow shovel, and had to clear a path for them first then I started shoveling snow over the fence into the rest of the yard.  I made a 10 x 15 foot sqaure for them to do their business in.  I have a special rake that I can sift the snow out of when I pick up the "logs"  so even in snowy weather I clean up the land mines.

But back to Molly, I am just amazed.  And at this point keeping her calm and rested is near impossible.  The problem now is that every time she sees Jack she starts growling. but only in the house. They can be in the yard together and all is well, but if he even looks at here thru the baby gate she growls.   Does she blame him????

It is going to be tough I can see to get them to get along again.  But maybe this too shall pass.

All I can say is thank the Doggy Heaven that she is up and about quite more than I expected.

Basset Hound Hugs and Snooter Kisses