[Dailydrool] Transporting and what dogs do

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Tue Mar 2 09:34:22 PST 2010

<<of course this coming from the transporter who gets 5 miles down the road
before one of the in-transport hounds decides they should have poo'd .... >>

I dare say that you have not been initiated into transport until you have
had a basset poop in your backseat and walk in it. When you get to your
destination, you have to clean up the mess, which you've been dealing with
by driving with the windows down.

We had a rescue do these things. We were five minutes down the road when he
started barking. We had no clue what he wanted until that smell hit our
nostrils. Ewwww! This experience taught me to make certain the dog has been
walked before I pick it up (or even better walk it myself) and to make sure
I have  a crate and the appropriate cleaning materials on hand.

I'm sure others have funny stories of transports. Can we share some of them?
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets