[Dailydrool] Basset training

DDropp at aol.com DDropp at aol.com
Tue Mar 2 18:46:48 PST 2010

Chiming in on basset training. Food works well for that.  I have  an 8 and
13 year old basset, and getting the old one to go to bed is a problem,  but
have found that luring him with treats does the trick.  It worked  so well
that the other one now needs treats too.  I have created  monsters in that I
now have to just about cover the steps with treats to get him  to go up.  It
is a real obstacle course going up the stairs with them  waiting for the
treats to be put on the stairs.  But they do go easier  now.

I am glad that Molly is starting to walk better.  It takes time, as
Charlie had problems like that, and in time he has gotten back the use of  his
back legs, but I have to help him down the stairs so he does  not rehurt
himself.

Drool to all the others that need it.

DDropp