[Dailydrool] obedience training

LOIS LEMA lemalois at verizon.net
Thu Mar 4 00:56:27 PST 2010

when buster brown came to me he was a wild man (okay some might say he still is) so i signed him up for training my county park system offers..a great deal..i might say...and off we went.  instructor did the .."oh god a basset"..class was a poodle, doodles, labs and a couple of foo foo's.  but shockingly - for her..buster took to it..like the little light bulb over his stubborn little head just lit up.

he loved that class...everything i showed him he picked up on the first time.  my boy may stand on every table & counter he sees, but he can also do a down like no other dog!..he can hold it for minutes if you dangle a tomato in front of him.  i saw the instructor last summer and she still talks about him, and how wrong she was about bassets.

now that miss sally who will be entering the picture soon i will be once again taking the class..for the 3rd time..miss casey took it 14 yrs ago, then buster & now her..7 hours of class for $50..can't beat it!

buster is still a wild man, but he's a good wild man..last month the silly boy made big bucks "singing" at a pet expo...he talks on command for me..we stood outside our booth and for $1 he would talk to you and answer the eternal question.."is timmy in that damn well?", are you hungry, happy, want a cookie, is________ your friend?, etc.  & on sunday he wished everyone a happy valentines day...the boy made handfuls of moola (cleared way over $100)  talking to old folks, kids, everyone for two straight days all while dressed in his flowered summer shirt.

lois
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.  Bertrand Russell