[Dailydrool] chewing and licking paws excessively

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 4 01:18:44 PST 2010

I have been visiting my parents for the last 2 days and got back last night to find Morse chewing and licking his paw (mainly the back of it, the pad higher up on the leg) until it is red raw.This morning he did the same until falling back to sleep.I have made a vets appointment for lunchtime to see what is going on. He has had a few charcoal biscuits recently which is different for him and I did wonder if it was any form of separation anxiety (he practically ignored me when I got home last night, quite cross at me having been away). He had the dadslave with him all the time and went out for walks, but does tend to be mopey and grumpy when either of us go away. Will let you know what the vet suggests.
Becky Morse and Pumbaa ATB