[Dailydrool] DD calendar 3-7-2010

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 6 13:13:31 PST 2010

auntie Sandy just sent a reminder note- that's Ms.Brandy and Elvis on the calendar for tomorrow. I would have forgotten until I turned the page as we usually have an April date- but somehow I messed up last year. I didn't think she'd be gone by now- but must have had an inkling somehow as I did not refer to her birthday in the caption. She would have been 15 on April 7th. I sure hope they remember the birthday Hershey kisses at the bridge!

I took the picture about a week before we had to have them in for the calendar. Tossed the two of them on the couch and started snapping. Ms.Brandy is on the left- she would not have gotten off the couch herself and Elvis was much too respectful (scared) of her yelling to have tried to get out from under her to get down. As the minutes passed and I kept taking pictures, she settled in- she ended up falling asleep with her head across his back. Poor Elvis looked afraid to breathe too deeply LOL. Oh how I miss those long velvelty ears of hers- you could warm a whole thigh with one of them! And those huge brown soulful eyes that just made her look so sweet everyone wanted to love on her. Something that was not recommended if one wanted to keep all ten fingers!

Elvis of course is still here and helping our hearts to heal with his sweet ways.

We have started looking for a puppy- a baby puppy. Not to replace Ms.Brandy, there is just no one that could ever do that, but a buddy for Elvis. We promised our youngest son that we would get two puppies someday when she left-but now with Elvis here, just one will do.

So those of you with seniors- would you give them a smooch for me in memory of my cranky old prissy? And I hope you all have a 'shoulder to lean on'...

droolies, Angelika and Elvis too!