[Dailydrool] Marcie and active Bassets

Cyn Mobley dogrescue at atriskintervention.org
Sun Mar 7 16:42:32 PST 2010

My very first Basset AND my first foster were like Marcie, so I thought ALL
of them were that way! Several more fosters down the road, I might know
better.

My very active Bassets love living with Greyhounds and other hounds so that
they have someone to play with. I cannot imagine them as leash-walk Bassets.
They would be unhappy. Butterball needed hours of active wrestling with the
Greyhounds and other Bassets to be happy.

As hard as it might seem, this does not sound like a good fit between Basset
and slave. My little Tasha Hobbit foster would adore the life you're
describing as would my Chali girl. I suggest we swap. Seriously. My
Greyhounds and other Bassets would play all day with Marcie and either my
Tasha or Chali would adore sleeping by your side most of the day.

Cyn Mobley