[Dailydrool] Marcie

Pat Mayer lilygurl.pat at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 07:40:59 PST 2010

Debra,
I apologize if this has already been suggested as I am behind on reading the
posts, but I am wondering if you'd care to post your general location?
Perhaps there are droolers in your area that may be able to make a play date
for Marcie.

Also, I have to tell you that I am 62 and when I  adopted Rudy last year at
@ 11 weeks from a puppy mill situation and brought him home I began to
wonder if I had lost my mind!  No matter how many have come before him (and
all of them were buppies when I got them) none of them were as exhausting as
Rudy.  He is now 1 1/2 and while he can be a busy boy, he has mellowed
considerably. We are still waiting for the brown truck to bring his big boy
bwains LOL, though!

Looking back I realize now, that part of the stress of having a busy puppy
was that I was not 47 or 32 anymore (hard to swallow!) and also the fact
that I am now part time caretaker to my MIL who is blind and has Alzheimer's
and FIL who has had several mini strokes and needs my help with her. I am
very frequently in-and-out.  I have a lot of extra cooking and housekeeping
to do because of the situation.  It did not flow very well at first with the
addition of a puppy.  And then Lily had several serious illnesses which made
me feel bad because I thought adding Rudy may have stressed her out.

One and a half years later, Rudy does very well in a crate when I'm not
here, and Lily has adapted to her aging and its recurring problems , still
being the reigning pwincess here,  and I have adapted also.

I also have to say, Rudy owns as big a piece of my heart as Lily does and I
am so glad I survived the early months because some days he makes me laugh
when nothing else does.

I also want you to know you will be in my thoughts and prayers while you
struggle to get through these more difficult times.  I know what a toll
Chemo can take.

We are sending lots of stress and worry drool for both you and Marcie.  She
sounds like such a sweetheart and you sound like a wonderful, devoted
dogmom.

--
Drool to all in need.
Luv and Kissies too.