[Dailydrool] This and that...

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Tue Mar 9 05:18:00 PST 2010

Good morning all Droolers, Basset and otherwise, hehehe...Sure do enjoy starting the day reading about our furry furends across the country.

Debbie, we've gone several times to the Senior Young at Heart site.  The look on Pw. Elder Clara's face is priceless, it really is!  There she sits, looking adorable and in the background what does one see but da Brudder's parts!  Oh, how I literally laughed out loud - both at "his" post and the pic. If you ever decide to leave the auto insurance estimating business you've got some good literary material in you, LOL.

MomPerson - The same goes for you.  I can just picture the goings-on at your house and Mr. Cooper, Sir rolling his eyes at all of it.  Unless, of course, the smoke detector is going off.  Our Daisy had an eyeglass fetish and finished off several earpieces and a couple of glasscases before her bwains came in.

Angelika - Thanks for telling us more about Pw. Miss Brandy's "prissiness."  The more I'm around them, the more convinced I am that, like people, hounds have very distinctive personalities and quirks.  So glad you were able to have so many years with her.

To the Drooler who was agonizing over whether or not to keep her busy new houndie: Like others have said, don't give up on her - or your own ability to manage her.  She is young and the suggestions of busy toys, a once a week trip to a dog park or doggie day care, are good ones.  As long as you are able give her love and time together she'll be fine.  If it becomes overwhelming to you healthwise, then contact your local Basset Rescue and ask for some help and advice.  Healing drool going your way...

Heart healing drool to those whose hearts still hurt over the loss of their furbabies, and drool to those whose houndies are sick.  Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

The temperature got to almost 60 degrees yesterday with more of the same forcast for today.  It was wonderful to be able to go for walkies in shirt sleeves or a light jacket after months of cold.  Most of the snow has melted making prime sniffing ground for our crew.; lots of stuff to roll in, LOL.  Going to have to deal with the issue of the youngster of one of the residents of our townhouse complex NOT picking up poop after their dog, however.  The common dog walking area is like walking through a land mine field.  Sigh...

Snooter and belly rubs to all the houndage...

Sandi, Mamaslave to the NJ 4
Daisy, Delilah, Dozer and Dudley