[Dailydrool] Tessie's calendar day

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 9 15:30:25 PST 2010

Tessie is my step basset, as yesterday was her calendar day, her dad, Tom, wanted to say a few words about her:

Tessie enjoyed her third birthday bone on February 5. She arrived aged 10
months and was the first Basset to own me. I had fallen in love with the breed
while observing the antics of the legendary Rolph, who makes his regular
annual appearance in the calendar later in the year.
Tessie is small and
unusually slender for a Basset, though considering the amount of food she
manages to filch, it's amazing how she manages to keep her figure.
Apart from
food, preferably illegally obtained, she also adores children and balls, the
bouncier the better.
Her hobbies are digging holes in lawns and squashing
daffodils. She lives with Henry, a calm and well-behaved corgi cross, who lives
in a constant state of incredulous disbelief at her
antics.