[Dailydrool] Drinkwell

Laura Tancredi tancgirl1980 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 07:02:20 PST 2010

Hi Maura
Although I think these are great for cats and encourage all cat owners to have one, I think they are the worst for dogs especially drooly dogs.  My mom has one for her cats and it has to be washed and cleaned from time to time.  I think she does it once a week.  One weekend when I was in vet school my fiance and I went away and left Flash and Ryu with a class mate not realizing he had one of these for his dog and cats.  After we picked them up and a few days later my classmate said that his dog and cats weren't drinking from the fountain and it was making a funny noise.  Apparently when he went to clean it, it was full of drool!  UGH! Flash's water dish gets wash out with hot hot water once to twice daily to remove the yuck but I can't imagine it being recirculated- bleh!
Ryu won't drink from Flash's bowl because of the drool but we have to watch Flash so he doesn't "contaminate" Ryu's bowl.
Laura
Flash
and Ryu