[Dailydrool] Rebel (ATB 3-5-10)

Cindy Haney cindyhaney at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 11:59:18 PST 2010

Dear Droolers
Thank you so much for all the messages I received about Rebel.  It's taken me a while to be able to write.  His journey was peaceful and very humane.  I held him as he departed and it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.  My vet is just the best.  He talked with my husband and I for a long while before the procedure and explained this was the final act of love I could give Rebel, to ease his pain.  I never realized how big a hole he would leave in my heart.  His sister Annie, looked for him after we returned home and I had to tell her he wouldn't be back.  Funny, after I told her, she quit looking.  Dogs may not be able to "talk" but they can understand and convey their feelings.
Again, thanks for all the kind words.  We really appreciate them.
Cindy and Mike Haney slaves and grandparents to Rebel, and Matt Cherry, Rebel's daddy