[Dailydrool] the vandals and the cookie

Sabrina brii at sprynet.com
Sat Mar 13 14:00:42 PST 2010

We have a mandarin orange tree in the front of the house; and
although we share the oranges with the neighbors, we've been having a
problem with someone picking them then throwing the peel in front of
the house, LOTS of peel, extending down several houses on either side
and into the street. The neighbor across the street reported seeing a
dozen teenagers in front of the house eating oranges at around 8 p.m.
last night. Ellie was asleep in the living room, which is adjacent to
the front yard. She slept right through the dozen teenagers climbing
into the tree, picking oranges, and hanging around to eat them and
toss the peels. At around 11, before going to bed, I opened a plastic
container to get out nighttime dog cookies; Ellie was at my feet
before I had closed the container. Now if I could just get the teens
to carry dog biscuits, I'd be alerted every time they approached the house.

Sabrina, Ellie, Buddy, and Hailey