[Dailydrool] yearly check ups, etc.

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 14 12:53:34 PDT 2010

I'm chiming in here because I get very frustrated on this issue.  My Vets
are absolutely fantastic, some of the best Vets in the Dallas area, but they
couldn't find the records for all my pets if you held a shotgun to their
heads.  When I adopted Gracie from Rescue, they did a Vet check, and every
single thing the Vet's office told the Rescue was incorrect.  Everything.
And I'm positive it's because they couldn't find all the records. They use
old fashioned paper records, and when I take someone in, IF they are able to
find the correct records, the Vets and Techs have trouble reading the paper
notes and I always have to correct things like what the animal weighed last
time, why they were there, how old they are, on and on.  The only thing they
have on the computer is billing, because they have to take credit cards, and
that's just enough on the computer to screw things up even more.  Why on
earth they don't computerize their records is beyond me, it sure would be
easier in the long run, and a whole lot more accurate.

Sorry for the rant, but they drive me nuts with their pathetic recordkeeping
- I'm agreeing with Dee here, always keep your own records of who needs what
when, and especially make note of who took what medication, and did it work.
Don't count on the Vet to keep good records, or to be able to find the
records.

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net