[Dailydrool] split pad

Shirley snoozinhounds at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 16 22:44:02 PDT 2010

Have any of you had a  split or cut pad on your hound?  Gordy began  limping
on Sat evening and I poked around on his paw and pad to  see if maybe a sand
spur was lodged there but no.  then I thought he had been running on the
beach chasing birds so maybe he turned a paw but no swelling. By Sunday he
would hold up the paw and limping continued.  Finally I put on my glasses ,
got the magnifying glass and found one pad is split side to side.  You can
put your finger in it and it doesn't seem to bother him so I guess its just
when he puts pressure on it Sunday night and Monday night put Neosporin in
the split and today there was very little limping. But it is still split.
Any one who has had this I would love to hear from you.

Shirley Mueller

Mom to Sally Belle and Gordy