[Dailydrool] split pad

Annette Mucci canine.inspirations at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 07:27:30 PDT 2010

I had to deal with a split pad once.  I took Maya to the vet and they bandaged it up pretty good so that it would heal and protect it from dirt and the elements.  She split it side to side while walking in the woods and it took a long time to heal.  She still has the scar, but luckily no stiches were required.  She was however in a giant elizabethean collar to keep her from licking it and chewing off the bandage because she can be a little neurotic like that.