[Dailydrool] New Droolers

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Thu Mar 18 20:15:01 PDT 2010

If I may ... you left out a few adjectives..

> close together, I felt it best to bring some youth into the house.  So we
> brought the Bad A** Basset Brothers home and now there is youth, life &
> happiness back in our home.  The boys are now 2 ½ years old and it has

Lets see... destructive, rough-housing, mouthy, sloppy, stinker, terrible
... two year olds ...

:)

Welcome to zee dwooooool .. mu-hahaha!

Bassets are like pringles, half baked couch-potato slices that you just
can't have one of..

:0)

Its funny .. I wonder how many other droolers out there have similar stories
to their Basset Indoctrination? .... I too was a youngin' when bassets were
first impressed upon me ... though I was a good deal younger .. I was born
into the fold back in 19 and 68. :)

Father & Mother had moved to the country, been there a few years raising my
(then) 6 year old sister with 4 bassets, which quickly bloomed into 16 or so
by 1975, with field trials, show rings, etc...

I think, as a kid, you take something away with you from longer term
relationships with hounds.. for me, dogs have always been in my blood, not
feeling quite right without one, but even more so, that the only dog in this
world for me was a basset.  There's the smell, the feel, their temperament,
some how they are all just ... 'better' with a basset.

Maybe that should be a new campaign slogan:  Life, its better with a basset!

:)

-Robert