[Dailydrool] Eating and pickiness

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 19 14:50:49 PDT 2010

Thank goodness most of the girls here are not too picky about how their food is served.  We do have one problem eater.  Maggie is very hard to feed.  She just won't eat a lot of the time.  She is also our biggest girl, weighing in at 78 pounds.  How she can be the biggest and yet the worst eater, I don't know.  We feed everyone at the same time and the same food.  They all have their places and are happy to eat and pretty much leave each other alone.  Maggie eats with her butt in the dining room and her food in the kitchen.  Has to be on the carpet, I guess.

Maggie has to be enticed to eat with something special in her bowl most of the time.  This morning it was pieces of hot dog.  Once she starts eating she will usually finish the bowl.  Sometimes she will eat if I hand feed her bits of the food to get her started.  Otherwise she will sit and look at me like she doesn't know what to do with the stuff in the bowl.  I don't know what makes her tick.  She is the sweetest girl.  Just a tiny bit weird.  And a very big baby.

Today we all had a nail clipping.  Nic, the teenage slave, does the clipping while I do the holding and coaxing and giving treats to distract.  Today the treat was hot dogs.  I had lots of pieces and just kept shoveling them in while the clipping went on.  I am proud to say that we got all four dogs done, including Shelby who would rather die than have her paws manhandled.  She loves hotdogs, though so I kept her relatively still with those.  My thumbs may never recover but at least her nails are shorter.  She also got a bath.  She really likes a bath in the tub.  The teenage slave hauled her chunky butt up the stairs and plopped her in.  She loves all the rubbing and the warm water.  She lays down so washing all of her parts is difficult.  Afterwards she ran through the house like a teenie bopper doggie.  I have never seen her run so fast.  She must have felt pretty good.

We are all napping now.  I had the back door open so they could go in and out earlier and the cats went out with them.  They are content to stay on the patio and sleep when they go out (the cats).  I stayed close so they wouldn't get too far out of reach.

We are sending lots of hot dog drool for Fiona and her ear and Elmo and his eye.  We hope both houndies are feeling lots better real soon.

Snooters from Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby the clean, and the brave little kitty boys with the momslave