[Dailydrool] I need suggestions for my foster Isabelle, Please

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 20 23:51:24 PDT 2010

Hi All,

Isabelle's adoption failed.  I don't think that it was anything that the adopters did.
I think that she just was not ready, which was my concern all along.  Izzy has been
back for week now and we are back almost at square one but her fearfulness is worse.
She is very submissive but that has been a issue since we pulled her from the puppy mill.
I know that the change in houses affected her but she is not relaxing at all.

These are things I have tried.  I do one on one time where I hold her, pet her, give her a
massage.  I don't let her run off when she hears a noise (all "normal" noises frighten her).
Getting her to relax is a hard task.  Rescue Remedy is having no effect on her.  I take her
for walks,  on my good days,in the park because that is one place she seems to relax and
enjoy herself if she is with one of my happy bassets.

Luckily I have her eating again but that is only because I take the food to her.  She quit eating
4 days before she came back  to me even though they were cooking wonderful meats for her.
I know that it may be wrong to take her food to her but it is the only way she will eat now.
She use to eat in floor with Sophee Maree, in their spot, but not anymore.  Her most comfortable
place in the house is on the far end of the couch.  If she gets too scared she hides in the bushes
outside like she did when I first got her.

Hopefully someone has some suggestions on what I can do to change her behavior as well as an
herbal med to help calm her.  If not then I am going to take her to the vet and have him prescribe
something.  She is such a beautiful basset that it breaks my heart to see her this fearful.  I am not
giving up on her and will do whatever needs done to get her to a happy place.  Yes it makes me
angry to think that if someone would have shown her just a little love and kindness those seven
years she would not be going through all of this.

The gang is sending healing drool to all in need.  You are always in our thoughts and prayers.
Karen and The Dog House Gang