[Dailydrool] Animal Relationships

Lilie Basset Liliebasset at comcast.net
Sun Mar 21 08:30:16 PDT 2010

Over the years of having many animals, I've found that if you just let them
work it out, things always turn out well.  As for the slapping...

A number of years ago we took in an Amazon Parrot.  Phineas had his wings
clipped but could still glide down to the floor from the counter where his
cage sat.  We also had a cat named Herkimer.  When Phinny first arrived you
could see Herk's brain working...and Phinny could see it, too.

He glided down to the floor, waddled across to Herkimer and promptly bit his
tail - hard.  From that point on, they were the best of friends.  I have
pictures of them taking naps together on the top of the large parrot cage.

Lilie Basset was raised by a very strict Yorkie.  Daisy acted just like a
drill sergeant.  We stayed out of it, and all was well.  Of course, Daisy
had no idea that the little Basset Hound would get so big.

So, sit back, take photos and don't worry about them.  They may not turn out
to be the best of friends, but they will become siblings.  Have fun!