[Dailydrool] bath time

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 22 04:45:23 PDT 2010

Since Thursday I have been ill. Really ill. I got home on Thursday evening, crawled straight into bed and have hardly left it.
Poor Rolph and Clara have not had any real exercise (just a quick stagger round the block). So, yesterday morning, I had to drop a daughter off at rehearsal and thought "I know. I'll go to the dog park. I can sit on the bench and they can let off steam.
I had forgotten why we had stopped going to the dog park - Rolph tries to eat other dogs and Clara rolls in poop.
So, instead of sitting on the bench I walked round with Rolph (off lead) practising his skills in leaving other dogs alone. He did very well, not so much as a growl. I then saw a boxer arrive and knowing this would be a challenge too far when I was poorly, I slipped his lead on and went to leave. Just as we got to the gate we met some new dogs (still very good) but because I was concentrating so hard on Rolph, I didn't notice Clara joyously rolling in soft, mushy, stinky poop.
Worse, I didn't have any wet wipes etc with me.
So, I called ahead and asked other daughter to run a bath. Clara was duly dumped, lathered, rubbed off and let out of the bathroom, when Roph walked in.
He looked at me very pointedly - where was HIS bath?
I really didn't feel up to giving him a bath (which I understood he hates), so I shooed him out.
And he sulked all day!

Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK