[Dailydrool] Dottie, turning into a real bully

Susan Woodward critters4 at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 23 06:49:28 PDT 2010

Barbie,

I have been experiencing the same thing with my male basset towards the
other two females. He will lash out at them and actually make physical
contact. It only happens AFTER the morning meal and the rest of the time
everything's fine. I think I have finally isolated the problem..first of all
"I am the trigger" and second of all "the treats". I was giving them a treat
"after the morning meal" and he is VERY food aggressive. It would even
happen when I would go into the kitchen for another cup of coffee. Because I
was standing at the counter, he assumed a treat was going to be dispensed
and would start a fight. I isolate him when feeding him and there are NO
more treats after the meal. The fights have stopped. Hopes this at least
gives you some ideas..search for a trigger/s.

Good Luck,

Susan & critters