[Dailydrool] Cowboy update #2

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 15:22:41 PDT 2010

Cowboy is hanging in there but is still not his usual peppy self. It's
pretty sad an pathetic actually and we are keeping a close eye on him.

We saw the vet yesterday and they gave him a shot of cerrenia for the nausea
and sent out some bloodwork to test for pancreatitis. He ate some dinner
last night and breakfast this morning (I made chicken and rice - he picked
out all the chicken and left the rice. Go figure he has the energy to still
be picky.) We haven't heard from the vet yet today on the bloodtest results
but Cowboy ate some grass today and then puked 2 more times. He has been
crying on and off and is very lethargic and confused looking. We are still
pretty worried, but he seems significantly better than yesterday so we are
hoping he is on a track to recovery. Depending on what the vet says when
they call, I will probably swing by to get some cerrenia tablets so that
Cowey can stop puking. I want to give him pain meds, but as of yesterday the
vet said it was best not to since we aren't sure what we are dealing with
(pancreatitis, intestinal blockage, etc) and we don't want to mask any
symptoms.

Cowboy is still trying to dig his holes to lie in - he has about 5 different
ones throughout the yard that he has been working on. We are trying to limit
his outdoor time to prevent him from expending his energy
on grave-digging, but everytime we give him the option, that's where he
wants to be.

Thanks for everyones drool, thoughts and concern; we appreciate it. Please
keep the drool coming - he is certainly not out of the woods yet.

Kacy w/Cowboy and Rupert (who is very bored without a crazy brother to play
with)