[Dailydrool] I give up!!

Kjersti W. Sorensen kjerstiws at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 24 10:05:47 PDT 2010

I had just read about all the sick Bassets on this mailing list, and thought ' how lucky we are!' Gustav has been well and not had anything stupid on the menu since that expensive story with the 86% cocoa poisoning and when the vet so rightly pointed out: 'this is usually not the reason they come in with Bassets'. And he has been so well and happy ever since. So he must have read my thoughts and suddenly, a whole lot of grapes were gone and a happy, smiling Basset sat next to the empty box.

The vet recognized us at once when I called and wondered what he had eaten this time? 'Are you sure you're giving him enought attention?' 'Well, you don't HAVE to see me, but you know, kidney failure, well, tell me if his behaviour changes.' 'And just make sure he throws up!'

Fortunately we managed to make him puke within an hour, and gave him some 'medical coal' (just as yummy as last time) so hopefully we're clear this time too. And no more grapes for a while! And he still loves the attention!

Gustav Beowulf of Norway's

Mum-slave

P.S. I have stopped worrying about all the small plastic toys he steals from his brother.