[Dailydrool] Cowboy status

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 09:58:53 PDT 2010

So we are on day 3 of my sweet boy being in excrutiating pain. Still not
sure what the problem is. The blood work came back negative for pancreatitis
so we have him at the vet right now for xrays to see if there is a blockage.
I just don't think he would eat anything stupid, but who knows. If it's not
that though, then what?! He has been in obvious pain since Sunday night
but is still drinking small amounts of water and occasionally has been
interested in food. Haven't seen any poops though. When Rupert ate his plug,
he wouldn't eat or drink and wouldnt poop either. Since Cow has been
drinking and eating some, I just dont know if its a blockage.

Poor little man shook all night in pain on and off. I gave him a tramadol
around 7 but it didnt give him much obvious relief. I probably should have
given him more, but with little food in his stomach and no instruction from
our vet to administer pain meds, I didn't want to overdo it.

Btw, I am pretty irritated with our vet right now. They are always really
good and give great care so I have never cared that they charge a little
more than many other vets. However, Cow's bloodwork came back yesterday and
I had to call twice before I was told the results. They never called me. By
the time I spoke with the vet it was 4:45pm and he said the blood work was
negative for pancreatitis. Well by then they didnt have time to get us in
for an xray. Very frusturating. If they would have at least told me earlier
in the day that the bloodwork was negative, then I could have gone elsewhere
for the xray. Instead my little baby had to suffer through another night of
pain and uncertainty.

Oh well, what can I do except write a letter to the vet once this is all
over. For now, I am trying to stay positive and nice to them since they are
still taking care of my little Cowman.

We send drool to all in need, especially Cakie's family. Please continue
sending it back our way too until we know what is wrong with the babe.

Thanks! Xoxo
Kacy w/Cowboy and Rupert