[Dailydrool] Fetching Bassets

jasperlabs at frontiernet.net jasperlabs at frontiernet.net
Wed Mar 24 16:57:26 PDT 2010

I Have a Basset that FETCHES!!  I raised lab pups for guiding eyes for the blind for 10 years.  Had six labrador "retreivers" during those ten years. NOT ONE would play fetch.  I'd throw the ball/chewie/rope; lab would runrunrun after it; get to it; look at me; and runrunrun back without ball/chewie/rope.  Along comes Stella Bean.  My foster failure.  She LOVES to play fetch.  As a matter of fact, right now I hear a squeaksqueaksqueak.   She'll be here soon with her squeakie.  Ahhh...here she is.....gimme the squeakiegimmee...I got it, throw it....there she goes...and here she comes back with her squeaksqueaksqueak...allright I'll toss it again....aaaaand here she comes back for more!  These Bassets amaze me.  You just never know ;).
Drool to all, especially Cakie's family.
Jeanie, Elvis, Daisy and Stella Bean (I'm a Fetcher!)