[Dailydrool] Gabe has pano

Alicia Pool apool at wolfrogersdickey.com
Thu Mar 25 04:23:17 PDT 2010

Yesterday the vet concluded that our seven month old Gabe has pano.  He
had previously had two separate bouts of limping on his front leg, which
seemed to go away as quickly as it started.  After X-rays, etc the vet
could not find any reason for the limping.  Sunday evening he started
holding up one of his back legs and won't put any weight on it.   I was
thinking it was probably the same thing, but yesterday morning he
wouldn't eat or drink anything he seemed so distressed by it.  Back to
the vet we went - more X-rays - vet could find nothing that would be
causing him to hold that leg up.

Gabe is now doing a round of prednisone and has some pain meds.  I am
encouraged in that he should eventually grow out of this and be fine.
It is really difficult to see him in pain and not really getting to be a
puppy a lot of the time.  He has been a good sport and especially
cuddly.

His "sister" Flo seems pretty perturbed about the whole situation.  She
bows and barks, nudges him and generally harasses him trying to get him
to play with her.  She will eventually look at me like "what is with
this guy?", which is kind of funny.