[Dailydrool] Fetching Bassets : )

Sue Spataro sue at pinksunrise.com
Thu Mar 25 07:06:20 PDT 2010

Hi,

Our Vinny, who is almost 4, loves to play fetch. I still can't believe he
does it since he is beyond his "puppyhood". He decides which toy he wants to
play with, usually one that squeaks, and brings it to us to throw down the
hall. Off he goes and brings it back to either me or my hubby. Vinny happily
runs up and down the hall dropping the toy at our feet. We try to "call the
game" meaning we decide when to end it. Each session "ends" with him getting
a cookie : ). Mister Smart Guy likes to try and get the cookie early by
ending the game sitting near the cookie jar. When this happens we have him
do one more round and then the magical cookie appears.

Our other 2 girls have no interest whatsoever in playing fetch (LOL); though
Tootsie will watch Vinny and wait to try to get in on his cookie.

Take care,

Sue : )

Sue Spataro
sue at pinksunrise.com