[Dailydrool] Unbelieveable

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Sat Mar 27 08:17:06 PDT 2010

I'm so sorry for you babies' reaction.  I truly hope they recover in quick order.   I'm also sorry you have no wine.   I'd send you a bottle if I could.

What got my eye was the work "annual" in front of DHLPP.    There is not a vaccine out there that I would ever do on an annual basis.  Ever!!   Once your dog get their 1st year booster they are set for at least 3 years, and probably the rest of their lives.    Please, everyone, do some serious research on the dangers of over vaccinations.

I know there has been a lot of talk about Lepto recently.   But of all the vaccines that is the one most likely to cause a reaction.    There are many strains of Lepto and the vaccines only cover maybe 4 of them.   And once they have a reaction, please don't ever give that vaccine again.

I know everyone wants to do what is best for their dogs, and I know most think that is your vets goal, too.   But vets need to make a profit and what better way than to convince their clients that Annual vaccines are necessary.  Or that it is necessary to vaccinate for everything every year.   There are hundreds of sites on the dangers of vaccines.    An adult dog, fed a healthy species appropriate diet and in good health will be able to shrug off most all germs, bacteria, & viruses he/she comes across.    The more you vaccinate the more you depress the natural immune system.   The more depressed the immune system the more issues your dog will have.  That means more antibiotics, steroids, etc,   which further depress the immune system.  And so the cycle continues.

There are veterinarians who do not insist on yearly vaccines.  And keep in mind,,the only vaccine required by law is the rabies vaccine.  All the rest are optional.  Compare the dangers of the disease, the statistical probability that your dog will even come in contact with the disease, and the dangers (short & long term) of the vaccinations themselves.    Feed you dog the best, most natural diet you can without corn, wheat, soy, artificial colorings and flavorings.  Stay away from chemicals, pesticides and herbicides.   Our dogs can be healthier & happier with a more natural, holistic  environment.

Cathy Blatz
www.summerhilldachshundsandbassets.com