[Dailydrool] Daily Drool Submission

Theresa Steinmeyer theresasteinmeyer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 16:57:51 PDT 2010

First and foremost, Woody and I would like to extend our sympathies to the
family of Cakie.  We will keep you in our prayers.

"Hi there!  My name is Sheriff Woody.  You can call me Bluepaw, Dogdog,
Hoondus, The Big Woof, or just Woody if you want to keep things nice and
simple.

I was born in Indiana, spent a year frolicking in Arkansas, and now I’m home
in the Great Midwest.  There are lots of perks to being a Midwestern Hound
Dog.  For instance, there are always plenty of WABBITS to sniff and
squirrels to chase.  In the winter, we get lots of snow, though it’s not as
much as the Weather God promises on the 9:00 news.  Snow is alright with me,
except for when there are more than six inches on the ground.  When you’re a
Basset Hound, snow can be pretty tricky to walk in.

As a Basset Hound, I get into all kinds of trouble.  Apparently Basset
Hounds aren’t supposed to chew pens or steal hot dogs.  (But it’s okay if I
sleep on the sofa when Alpha Mom isn’t looking.)  Once, I walked right down
the street and got myself lost for a week!  It’s tough being short, too.
Once a Great Dane walked right over me at the P-A-R-K!  Worst of all is the
Great Monster that lives in the basement... the Vack Yoom.  The life of a
Basset Hound can sure be strenuous.

I have lots of friends, including Alpha Dad, Alpha Mom, Brother Pooch, and
Cat.  Okay, so Cat doesn’t exactly consider me a friend, but I’m working on
reparing that relationship.  Sometimes, Alpha Dad takes me for a walk at the
P-A-R-K.  He thinks he’s really clever for spelling out the word, like
that’s going to stop a Hound Dog from figuring out where he’s going.  Alpha
Mom makes great food.  Some of my personal favorites are Fish Skin and
something she calls “Birthday Cake.”  Brother Pooch isn’t much of a chef,
but he’s about my size and whenever we wrestle, I win.  Oh yeah, hears to
Basset Hound supremacy."

Please come and visit Woody's blog at http://www.woodybasset.wordpress.com.
By following his nose, he finds himself in some pretty goofy situations like
crashing wedding receptions and knocking over birthday cakes, to name a few!