[Dailydrool] Hot spot treatment

mtnbassets at hotmail.com mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 28 08:52:25 PDT 2010

Snooters and drool to all. We read and think of and drool for all but I just don't spend much time writing anymore. Still getting moved, doing minor repairs and upgrades - changing some light fixtures and faucets, and just not much time to sit. Anyroo...

Miss Pearl developed a small hot spot on her butt last week. Not sure what triggered it as she's not had one before. I did some topical treatments but she kept chewing. Trying to avoid the dreaded lamp shade I searched to doggie med box. I found some ear powder that I had been given. Never used it - just doesn't seem right to puff powder in the ears. The active ingredient is iodoform. We use iodoform gauze to pack wounds in people. So I squirted some of the blue power mix on, dabbed it then puffed the powder on. It dried and formed a "medicated scab". I check it daily, and it has stayed dry, is healing well, and she hasn't even looked at the spot since I did this treatment.

May not work for all spots, but it has done a great job for Miss Pearl. The powder I have is from Drs. Foster & Smith if anyone is interested.

For a quick update, Ernest and Elliot (Mister) from the senior 7 have settled in well. Other than Elliot's marking - grrrr. The have learned to eat out of their own dishes and love to play with Kahuns, Dickens and Peaches. Pearl joins in when the mood strikes.

Drool to all, and I really wish I could go to BoardWaddle this year. Maybe next year I can plan far enough in advance to get a pet sitter.

Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time
Bud, Zuma, Kahuna, Peaches, Pearl, Dickens, Ernest, Elliot
and Ace da Newf (Birthday Boy- I turned 6 last week!)