[Dailydrool] Blue Buffalo/vaccinations

Linda1annewhee at aol.com Linda1annewhee at aol.com
Sun Mar 28 13:27:21 PDT 2010

I tried Blue Buffalo with my 3 bassets and it caused all 3 to get the runs
so I had to stop. I think it is very rich and some dogs just can't handle
it.  Just to put in a note on vaccinations as right now this is near and
dear to my heart.  My Betsy is suffering from kidney failure and I have
managed to keep her going and pretty healthy for about 2 and a half years.   I
had to opt to quit getting her vaccinations as they are hard on the kidneys
and will do a lot more damage then has already been done.  I can't risk  it.
Right now she is due for her rabies and the vet and I have been going
around about what to do. She thinks it will be safe as it is not a live virus
like the others are but everything I have read says it is dangerous.  I  have
spent many thousands of dollars keeping her healthy and I am not going to
be a happy camper if this does more damage to her kidneys and Brood has paid
 just as much as she is a permanent foster with me. Since rabies is so
prevalent  in our area I have decided to let them give it to her but I am
extremely worried  .  On a similar note I used to put my dog's on Frontline but
one of my  bassets started vomiting a few hours after I would put it on her.
Each  time the vomiting got a little worse until I stopped using it after 12
hours of  constant vomiting  I told the vet who told me it couldn't be the
frontline  but 2 weeks ago I heard on the news that it was causing serious al
lergic  reactions in many dogs and had even been linked to the deaths of
some dogs  so I am really glad I went with my instinct and stopped using it
                                                       Linda Wheeler, slave
to Maggie, Betsy and Daisy