[Dailydrool] entropion surgery

ali-d-black ali808 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 29 07:41:52 PDT 2010

My Cody underwent entropion surgery about a year ago.

He was five years old at the time, I kept asking the vet why his eye was always watering like that. He poo-pooed it, "just basset eyes, don't worry."  After joining the drool and reading about the eye problems our poor furkids can get I wasn't about to ignore it, I  examined his eye myself with a magnifying glass when I got home, (kicking myself for not doing that sooner) I was horrified to see his lower lashes were turned inward and had been scratching his eye all that time. Needless to say, changed vets immediately and the surgeon on staff there did the surgery herself. She reassured me it was not a big deal, just cosmetic.

His eye is fine now, no more watering, but perhaps it may have looked more refined if a doggie eye doctor had preformed the surgery. I could have it repeated but don't want to put Cody through the torture of having to wear the dreaded e collar again, a lesson I learned the hard way. I felt so sorry for him and thought I could leave it off as long as I was in the room. NO WAY, one rub on the carpet and it started bleeding, had to take him back in, luckily no damage done, but the collar was on for 10 days.

The cost of the surgery was around $400.00, well worth it and pretty reasonable I think.

Healing drool to all in need,
Ali slave to Cody ..thank doG my Mom joined the drool and Elliot ...my eyes is good!