[Dailydrool] big dog agression on the leash

Susan Campbell susankaycampbell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 08:28:58 PDT 2010

When I walk my 4 year old rescue on the leash, he is very agressive
towards large dogs.  I have tried to socialize him by taking him to
puppy play day once a week.  I have tried letting him go
up to dogs we know in the neighborhood, and still, he acts awful.
Some of the labs in our neighborhood are trained to walk off leash,
and that is what makes it so hard.  They come up to him.

He is a very sweet boy, except for this.   Do I turn running in the
opposite direction and run like crazy  or do I make him just get used
to "tall" dogs?  This is my first Bassett, so still have a LOT to learn.

Susan and Sir Duke