[Dailydrool] Entropion Surgery Alternatives?

Jeanette Wilson jwilson at humanesocietytampa.org
Mon Mar 29 08:24:05 PDT 2010

I missed the beginning of the entropion threads, but I had just been getting ready to post about it. My senior foster hound, Stella, has entropion. She is between 10-11 yrs old. Her eyes are always red, watery, & sometimes half open. Some days are better than others. My question: is there any alternative to surgery to make her more comfortable? Due to her age (and she is also HW+), surgery is not an option. We tried some over-the-counter drops & ointments, but she paws at her eyes so much afterwards, that I think it irritated them even more. I try not to mess with her eyes too much other than gently scooping out some crusties or cleaning them up a bit.

Drool to all in need.

Jeanette & Monte & Stella