[Dailydrool] big dog agression on the leash

Carol MacLeod macleod at tcnj.edu
Mon Mar 29 11:23:15 PDT 2010

Honey does not like big dogs either...great with bassets, and any dog
her size or smaller....even cats.......I take Honey and Leroy on walks
and when there is a big dog coming I hold Honey close to me and let
Leroy play...Honey has never acted up....but she shows those teeth....I
just don't take the chance with a strange dog...not sure what she would
do.....I blame it on a large black lab that attack us when she was
young....the owner finally came and got her off of Honey.    It would be
nice when we go and socialize and dogs are allowed to run free, that I
could trust her.....but I just don't...I guess I am just not comfortable
after the innocent either.
Good luck and I might try that training that was suggested.    I think
"I" need it!
Carol, Honey and Leroy