[Dailydrool] Weird neuro problems.

Cyn Mobley dogrescue at atriskintervention.org
Mon Mar 29 17:41:46 PDT 2010

Any time I hear about weird neuro problems, particularly involving the neck,
I wonder about Ehrlichia. It's often characterized by neck pain, odd neuro
symptoms and low platelets. Have a Greyhound I almost lost as a pup of 4
months old to Ehrlichiosis -- sudden onset hind quarter paralysis, fever,
neck pain, CRASHINGLY LOW platelets. Did you happen to notice how Ernest's
platelets were?

At any rate, it's easy enough to test it by putting him on Doxy. If it's
Ehrlichia related, it'll clear up in about 48 hours or so.

Not a vet, this is just VERY common in Greyhounds so I know about it. Might
be something to discuss with your own vet.

Cyn Mobley