[Dailydrool] Catching up

Laura Salmon laurarsalmon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 12:00:53 PDT 2010

I have been woefully behind on drools; skimming but not having time to
respond except to the shocking news of our loss of Cakie and little Lilly.
But I send good wishes to everyone whether I have time to reply or not.

Hearthealing drool to Pat on her loss of Ethel and Puff.  How sad to lose
two beloved furbabies so close to each other.  I am very sorry.

My deepest sympathies to Douglas Dropp on the loss of his younger brother.
I'm the oldest in my family and I can appreciate how hard it is to lose a
brother you probably spent most of your life looking out for.  I'm very
sorry.

Drool for Kim's husband Brian who is struggling with depression and panic
attacks.  My Mom struggles with the same two illnesses and it is very hard
to watch.  I hope they find a combination of medicine that works for him
soon.

Drool for Princess Lucy Loo and her itchies.  And thanks Diane for the tip
about adding a Pepcid AC to the benadryl I've been giving Henry; it seems to
be really helping.

Drool for Gracie Mae and her possible Addison's.  It seems like that can be
managed fairly well judging from other stories I've seen about it on the
Drool.

Kacy I'm glad Cowboy is doing better but am sorry that they can't seem to
figure out what caused the problem.  Fingers and toes crossed that it
doesn't come back.

I'm glad Rosie's second test showed no cancer.  We're continuing to send the
"no cancer" drool!

Happy belated birthday to Violeta!!

Laura Tancredi helping Val with her medicine for Bo is part of the reason
why I love our Daily Drool family!!

Carmen, heart healing drool on Pelusa's trip to the bridge.  I am so sorry.

It is good to hear that Fiona is doing well and I loved the King Bob the dog
update.

Drool for Gabe and his Pano and for Abner and his cysts in sensitive
places.  We're sending no cancer drool there.

Drool for Maggie Wags and Evil Annie and their terrifying vaccine reaction.
And I'm so sorry Marlene had to face all of this with no wine in the house!!

Welcome Maureen and Henry to the Daily Drool.  You'll find this a wealth of
knowledge and help, especially if Henry is your first basset.  A word of
warning; if you're a neat freak a basset is NOT the dog for you.  They
drool.  They smell (but I like the smell except when they need a bath).
They shed.  I was a neat freak.  I now have three bassets.  I'd rather have
the bassets than a neat house.  I've never loved any other animal as much as
I do these three (even my beloved Lisa the black lab, and I loved her to
death).

Drool for Rolph with blood in his poop.  Is he doing OK?

Happy Gotcha Day to Elsinore!

Pawtunia, I know you will be a wonderful Boardwaddle Hostessbasset.  You
learned from the very best.

Sorry Becky that you and Morse had a falling out.  Geoffrey and I have those
occasionally, especially if I trim his dew claws.

I loved Queen Poppy's picture.  She was a beautiful girl.

Nancy, I loved Frank and Tina playing.  Poor Frank, Tina can definitely
outplay him.  But he is very tolerant.

Drool for Oswald, for Ernest, and for Schroeder.

Bruce, I saw your question on SOD-Boswelia dosage for a 60 pound dog.  I
would assume it would depend on the maker and the dosage.  I use NatureVet
chewable tabs, and their recommended dosage is 4 tablets a day for the first
three weeks and then two tablets a day after that for a 60 pound dog.

Laura (Geoffrey, Molly, Henry, Lisa (ATB), Dub-Dub (ATB)