[Dailydrool] lilly, being owned and Gus's teeth cleaning.

sfwill at aol.com sfwill at aol.com
Tue Mar 30 12:10:52 PDT 2010

i just got back from 4 days in new orleans and couldn't believe my eyes when i read of little lilly making her journey to the bridge; as someone else said, it's hard for any of us at any age, but a baby is so, so, so sad.  but she lived long enough to know what it's like to have a family and all that love.  we send our drool to her family.
to the woman who wonders if she's made a mistake taking on a basset:  i have never had a dog until last oct 1 when i was blessed with 3 yr old gus.  he has brought me more joy in 6 months than i've had in 6 years.  he's a cuddler to the nth degree and is in heaven if he can just scrunch up as close as he possibly can get and then sleep.  he's funny, joyful and a doGsend.
tomorrow, he gets his teeth cleaned and i'm a nervous nellie.  his back teeth were loaded with tartar and my brushing his teeth can't do the trick for the back ones, so he's going in so we can start fresh.  no food after 6 tonight, no water after  tomorrow, how the heck am i going to accomplish that, i'd like to know.  i've taken the next day off from work, in case he's still woozy, but the vet says he may be wobbly tomorrow night, but will be back to himself on thursday, but just in case, i'll stay home with him.
we send virtual drool (he's never been a drooler) to all those in need.
susan, loving slave to gus