[Dailydrool] Food

ypppmaureen at aol.com ypppmaureen at aol.com
Wed Mar 31 12:23:37 PDT 2010

Question I asked earlier,

Does anyone know if Basset's need to eat food with meat such as chicken and lamb? We are giving our puppy Iam's puppy food but the second ingredient is corn meal which I heard is more carbs than they need. I heard that a food where the first 5 ingredients listed with meat and oat is better. A friend of my husband had three Basset's and she fed them a combo of inexpensive dog food and turkey hot dogs and they lived to be 14 years old and had no problems what-so-ever, then I hear other dogs who have problems. I guess what I need to know is if they do better on more of a meat food rather than one filled with more of the cornmeal?

Henry says hello to all!!!