[Dailydrool] Eating

DDropp at aol.com DDropp at aol.com
Sun May 9 18:39:20 PDT 2010

We have been having problems with Ben eating lately.    For  days he has
been giving us problems eating.  All the time I have had him he  has been feed
very good dog food.  Well two weeks ago, he did not want to  eat it.  We
had to dress it up with chicken, beef, canned dog food,  etc.  But it was
still a fight.  So  I went out ang bought some  supermarket dog food, Kibbles
and Bits and Nutrish.  I fed him the  Nutrish yesterday morning and he ate it
w/o a fight.  I then smelled  the Nutrish and the fancy food, and guess
what, the Nutrish smells better.   In the evening I gave him the Nutrish with
some good canned dog food on and it  was another fight.  So this morning I
just added some of the same chicken  and rice I give Charlie, and he would only
eat a small amount of it.  So I  gave him a small portion of Kibble and
Bits and he ate it w/o a struggle.   This evening I gave him just some of the
Kibble and Bits, and he did eat  it, but not eagerly. I bought the Nutrish
because the first ingredients were  chicken and other good stuff, not ground
corn and meat meal and bone meal like  the Kibbles and  Bits, but I wanted
something else to try if it  failed.  He is a real stinker.  Hopefully I will
find something he  will eat.

Charlie is back to eating well, and it is his KD food, but I do put
homemade chicken or beef and rice with gravy on it.  He  always was the best
eater.

Douglas

Douglas