[Dailydrool] Moving

Shirley snoozinhounds at earthlink.net
Tue May 18 21:56:27 PDT 2010

As you said you hear all the time we are moving and we can’t take the dog.
Makes you want to ask which state has banned bringing dogs to it.   We also
have made the trip across the country several times with our hounds and have
not had issues whatsoever.  In Sept we moved from PA to CA by caravan.  My
husband in a packed Penske truck, my son flew to PA to help us move and
drove a pickup with a trailer attached and I drove the other car with dogs,
plants and the fragiles. (note dogs and fragile in the same car!!!!) And the
x cargo on the roof.  We looked like the Griswalds!!!

What was I thinking???   Every time we stopped for gas out came the dogs for
a leg stretching exercise, potty break and water then load up and off we go
again.  Because of our large caravan it took us longer than our usual 3 ½
days and everything went smoothly ok as well as you can expect checking into
hotels with hounds that needed to sniff EVERYTHING in the motel room, grass,
parking lot, building- you name it we sniffed our way across the nation!!!

Actually, we are so used to traveling with the dogs that they quickly
settled into the routine. And were no problem at all.  Good luck on your
move.  When you settle in Las Vegas as a wonderful Rescue that I am sure
like all rescues is looking for volunteer.  Good Luck and God speed with
your move.

Shirley Mueller

Mom to Sally Belle and Gordy