[Dailydrool] shedding

ypppmaureen at aol.com ypppmaureen at aol.com
Tue May 25 09:57:41 PDT 2010

OMG!!! I thought Henry was unusual with the amount of shedding he does!!! I spoke to our groomer who suggested that for the summer having him shaved. She said that a man in the area who has two bassets brings them in every summer to be shaved down due to all the shedding! Plus with the heat we are all experiencing, it might not be a bad idea. Also, we have horses that shed twice a yerar and the shedder rakes really do help. We brought it home for Henry and it does help quite a bit.
Hope that helps! Also, the food can have a lot to do with it as well. We found a great food called Verus that says it actually helps reduce shedding from the dogs coats. We switched Henry on that and we'll see if that helps.
Maureen