[Dailydrool] limping

ANTHONY KENCZEWICZ akenczewicz at hotmail.com
Thu May 27 12:11:18 PDT 2010

My Bubba would start limping and favoring a differrent leg ablut every three to four months when he was a pup. I took him to the vet each time and nothing was ever found to be wrong. A couple of pain meds for a day or two and he was fine. He is favoring his left rear leg again so its off to the doctor man again.

Penny had a little bump on her side a few months ago. Everyone said it was nothing and it would probably go away by itself but after just a few days I was so worried about my little girl I took her to the vet. Turns out it was just a pimple (I didn't know dogs got zits) and she'fine now. The one thing that concerns me about her is that her back legs seem to be still. When she does a flat Basset her backlegs are out to the side unlike Bubba who's legs go straight back. I think it's more of a muscle issue than bone. I asked the vet but since she runs faster jumps higher and is other wise in good health he didn't think it really was much of a problem.

I worry about my guys too much I think but they can't tell me what wrong exactly and the thought of them needlessly sufferring is just too much for me to bare.

I also think that since I have been off work they are getting tired of all the attention they are getting. with all the hugs and kisses and belly and chin rubs they are getting they are now spending more and more time in the yard or chasing each other instead of being with me. Maybe its just that te weather has been getting warmer and some what nicer. Yeah that's it the weather.

Tony K, Bubba "d" Basset and Penny

Anthony R. Kenczewicz