[Dailydrool] Also just returned from 2 weeks away from the Drool

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu May 27 12:40:33 PDT 2010

We have also just returned after 2 weeks away from computers (son's college graduation and family reunion) and I have spent the morning catching up on basset news. So much has happened.

I am still teary at the story of Stan's passing. Heartfelt condolences. How did this breed ever survive with the things that they eat?! We are sending lots of Drool to Prince Justin for his golden years remaining. He is truly a prince. And, Synthia, your job loss is just awful. I'm so sorry. Moving is so traumatic. We are glad to hear the fire survivors are beginning to rebuild in both Illinois and Washington. We are sad that we missed this year's calendar sign-ups--maybe we'll be on top of next year and look forward to seeing all our friends on this year's version.

Ruth, there is one of the raised dog beds with PVC piping in the "Solutions" catalogue, which can be accessed on-line. The large bed is $35; the medium $30--both look like they might fit Ms. Beasley depending upon how big she is. Both are 7 inches off the ground--not too high for a basset.

While we were away, we hired an in-home dog-sitting couple to stay at our house with Bo and Harley, the tank of fish, and my landlady's cat. It worked out great, although Bo and Harley more or less held their dogsitters hostage. Apparently both carried on rather loudly if left alone, so the husband took 2 weeks' vacation to stay with the hounds 24/7!!! Now we have to work on "separation" behavior again, but I was thrilled to come home to two happy, healthy hounds. Given all of Bo's medical problems last year, I was worried about stressing him at all, but clearly he was not terribly stressed. The dogsitters--well, I can't speak for their stress levels. lol

Aloha to all. It is good to be back in the loop with Drool friends. Val, Bo, and Harley