[Dailydrool] RACCOONS!!!!

earthyoga at aol.com earthyoga at aol.com
Mon May 31 19:48:31 PDT 2010

Oh My Dog!  We have a family of raccoons that have taken up residence in our garage - they did it last year - found the hole that was temperarly patched - 4 babies and a momma - Tonight we are having storms on and off - I was working on the computer watching some random show and when I noticed LaVerne went downstairs and outside not thinking about the fact that night was upon us - well in a matter of moments I heard her barking and the awful sound of some screeching animal - jumped up and ran outdoors with the flashlight - fortuenatly she hadn't gotten any of them - the little buggers were fighting amongst themselves on the roof and mom was none to happy.  Last year the "fam" left on their own accord once the babies got big so I am hopeful that they take that track again.  Any suggestions?  They aren't aggressive, at least they haven't been - I've walked in the garage and saw 4 little faces popping out of a planter on a top shelf yesterday and mom looking at me - she didn't even hiss - but I don't want any confrontations with the pups!  On another note Trixie is doing well - she is eating, even the kibble ever so often plus I actually caught her countersurfering today!

Drool to all those in need!

Emily and the Gareis girls, Maggie, Bailey, LaVerne, Princess and Trixie!