[Dailydrool] Isabelle went to school

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Sun May 2 21:06:18 PDT 2010

I thought I would share some good news today in hopes that a smile will spread
throughout the Drool family.  Isabelle my fearful and timid foster girl of the Great
GGBR 61 had her first day of school on Saturday.  I don't know who was more
nervous, Izzy or myself. I was worried that Izzy might freak out or shut down
completely.

Saturday we just worked on leash training and both of us learned to walk on leash.
I didn't realize that my holding my left arm away from my side to balance was affecting
Izzy.  Izzy was walking beautifully after just 20 minutes with Sergio.  Tonight we went
for a 40 minute walk in the neighborhood at except for a couple of oopsies caused by the
stupid idiot drivers gunning their engines, which were easily corrected, she did amazing
once again.  Never once did she try to veer off to the lovely smells, shut down and my cane
did not even bother her today.  WoooHooo!

In other areas we are making wonderful strides and I am seeing her tail up and wagging
more and more.  I am even getting asked for belly rubs and seeing the full belly!  We
still have a long way to go but we are making progress.

We are celebrating each small success!
Karen and The Dog House Gang